Join me as I wander around Central PA aboard my Suzuki V-Strom 650 motorcycle. Sort of a travel(b)log complete with pictures. Bound to get lost now and then - literally and topically.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

In the Dark



One of my favorite Bruce Cockburn songs, "Pacing the Cage," has a line that says "sometimes the darkness is your friend..."  I don't think he was talking about motorcycling though. It gets kinda creepy on a bike in the dark. Perception is altered, such that cornering is a bit more difficult, visibility is obviously less and, worst of all, deer and other woodland critters are more likely to spring onto the roadway. Although it had cooled down some by the time I got on the road to home at 8:20PM, it was more for protection than cold that I put on my Fieldsheer overpants.

Didn't mean to be out so late... but ended up doing a 5 hour slog with an outside vendor and Sonicwall tech support trying to setup a VPN passthrough on the County's router. Ugh! I understand routers and what they do. I can usually achieve success in setting up what I want, but there are some things about routers that are just perverse and hateful. I guess that's why there are some guys who specialize in routers and basically nothing else.

Ah well... I'm home now, and the dogs were so very happy to see me.

No comments: